Wednesday 12 January 2011

2011 Baby!

I was gonna post a thing about 2011 at the very beginning of 2011, but the very beginning of 2011 got in the way so I will now be posting it at near-enough the beginning of 2011.

I'm hoping 2011 will be a good year. I'm hoping for a good decade. Of course, everybody hopes for this, so what is the point in wasting internet text space (it's in decline, y'know!) saying that I do? There's no point, but this is my blog, so I'll do what the hell I like. Here is why 2011 will be good;

  • It won't be.
Can't lie to myself now, can I? Nah, in all seriousness, here is why I am hoping it will be good;
  • I haven't set myself any direct new year's resolutions, thus I won't be stressing myself out trying to keep up with them! Okay, that's not entirely true, I've set myself a few; To vacuum my room at least once a month, to get a haircut, to get a job of some sort, to watch more films, to blog more (we know this ain't gonna happen). But these aren't ridiculous resolutions that I can't keep up with, and besides, what's the point of a new year's resolution anyway? If I need to make a change, then why can't I just start a new DAY's resolution? And set myself one every day! No stress at all! New minute's resolution; must stop rambling!
  • About the job thing. Looking for a job is fucking hard, and dispiriting, and any other negative connotations you can come up with. Maybe not cancerous, but it wouldn't surprise me. So, very soon, next week hopefully, I will haul my taut little ass into a recruitment agency and apply for some beautiful temp work. This equals; temporary job, money, and experience. Really, I've fucked up by not doing it earlier I guess (not that I could really have known that, so no regrets), but I'm not gonna be lazy anymore, I want this more than I want Jesu to play a set at my house on my birthday.
  • Movies, movies, movies! I like movies! My resolution to watch more motion pictures is both completely arbitrary, and completely awesome! So, yeah, it's a stupid resolution I guess, but then again, I just wanna do what I love. So, it's a great resolution! Plus, lots of personally highly anticipated films coming out this year; Sucker Punch, The Green Hornet, Black Swan, Alvin And The Chipmunks 3D - It's all happening!
  • I will get better at bass and drums. I didn't mention this amongst my resolutions (and could easily go back and edit it immediately, but that would require way more effort than writing this painfully pointless sentence). My plans are to learn proper songs - as in play them the way they were written, not play my own interpretations of them. I'm in two bands now, Beerwolf, of course, and a fun band with my friends Alex, Paul and Phil, which is just us playing covers for fun. And that's what it is - fun. So, now I'm one of the most hotly demanded drummers in the county (that's what all the naked women said in my dream last night), I plan to become better at my chosen art. I might not have to try given all the extra drumming time I'll be getting in...
  • New Jesu album! New Pale Sketcher EP! New Jesu remixes! Plus, probably LOADS more Broadrick yet to be revealed. New Explosions In The Sky! And, if this year's being particularly kind, new Fuck Buttons, and Between The Buried And Me.
  • No tasking, I hear you say? What will he possibly blog? Actually, I plan to do the tasks laid out in the book 'The Mission', a very funny book full of silly tasks I got as a present from Nicole years ago, but never got around to taking a shot at. And most of them aren't quite as hardcore / criminal / deadly as many of Benrik's tasks, so it should be fun. There's 217 tasks in the book, so I plan to start around March. Summer shall be fun!
  • And, last but not least, have fun. Chill out. There's very little worth stressing about in life, so just relax. Enjoy life while I still can. Hang out with my buds. Spend time with my wonderful Jaffy Cake. Make sweet music. Watch films. Party. Live... Okay, I may have semi-stolen and radically reinterpretated this inspirational paragraph from 'It's Kind Of A Funny Story', but, hell, it's an inspirational film, and a perfect one to watch to realise that you should just live your life. I'm not saying I've wasted my time in my past 22 years, but I realised all this sometime last year; Ignore the bullshit in life, focus on the good stuff. It's easier said than done, for sure, but it works more often than not if you keep that positive mindset....
And a ton of other sappy bullshit. But yeah, those long-winded, horribly-worded paragraphs above this one right here? All reasons why 2011 shall be a good year. It might not. But, I don't wanna get my hopes up, it can only lead to disappointment. So, addendum; 2011 will be a horrible year, full of torture, misery, pain, and suffering. And those will be the best parts. It's going to be the worst year of our lives. With that in mind, this year can only be great in comparison now!

HAVE A HAPPY 2011 EVERYBODY!!!
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment