Wednesday 3 February 2010

Day 16: This morning, walk into a police station, announce you're finally giving yourself up and refuse to say another word for the rest of the day.

Again, sorry about the extreme delays, but I'm going to try and be a bit more consistent now, whether I've got time or not (which doesn't really make much sense). But more than anything, I'm sorry that I seemingly begin every blog entry with words akin to these. I'm sure y'all get the point by now, so I'm sorry!

It was instantly obvious, just from the name of this task, that I was not going to do it. I'm sorry Benrik, but you've openly admitted in an interview that you can understand if someone wasn't to do this task. I knew I wasn't going to do it as soon as I got the book. Solely because I had band practice on that day, Saturday 16th January. No, that was part of the reason, 'cos I didn't think my bandmates would be happy that I cancelled on them because I'd decided to give myself up to the police for doing nothing wrong. But the main reason is because the task was fucking ridiculous! Plus, under terrorist laws and stuff, the idea of being detained for way longer than a day scared me. And I'm guessing that I'd be breaking the law for wasting police time anyway - I really doubt they'd see the funny side.

One idea I had for a way around the task was to slip a note under the police station doors saying I'd give myself up, then run away deviously. But that's really unlikely to work, what are the chances of me getting away unnoticed? Well, I could have done it at 5 in the morning, but I only just this minute thought that idea up, so couldn't exactly do that half a month ago. My second idea was to withhold my number, dial 999, and say I give myself up. But they could have triangulated my call or something, so was a bit worried about doing that too. Plus, Chris told me something else relating to this that I can't remember right now. But rest assured, it stopped me from doing it. So, plan C was to do this, but from a public telephone. And, in extreme circumstance, plan D - do this, but learn "I give myself up" in a foreign language and say that down the phone. Alas, none of this actually ever happened, due to circumstances beyond my control.

As mentioned, there was band practice during the day, which I can't remember, but I'm sure went as usual - lots of arguments. But who knows (I should, really)? Could have been a good day. Later that evening I went to Jay and Kate's to watch a flick with my bezzies (eeeeuuuurgggh, I can't believe I just used that word). We firstly went to Blockbuster, obviously, to pick a film. We all wanted to see 'I Love You Man', but, oddly, considering it was a relatively new release, couldn't find it anywhere to rent. We looked at loads of other films, but there was nothing that we could all unanimously agree on. Except, seemingly, 'I Love You Man'. Finally, I just decided to ask behind the desk, and they did indeed have it. YASSSS!!! All that searching time for something we should have done upon not finding it immediately.

We got back and watched the film and it was very good, nothing groundbreaking, but very funny, very sweet, and just about original enough to be distinct from the rest of it's ilk. Plus, Jason Segel's character had amazing fashion sense in it. Ugg Boots with cut-offs - Win! We all enjoyed it thoroughly. Plus, it starred me. Well, in some people's opinions. Paul Rudd's character came out with the most strange, awkward phrases which did admittedly remind me and Rosie of myself. Plus, 'Joeban' is an awesome name, which I kept calling Jay for a while, but changing it to 'Jayban'. And I couldn't stop saying 'SHLAPPAH DA BASS, MON!!!'. Which I'm sure was very amusing the first hundred-or-so times I said it, not so much the other thousand-or-so.

This was followed with card games. And a game of Black Maria, a game intended to be quite violent, which got far more violent than intended. I could go into further detail, but it's best I don't. The night ended on a strange, awkward note. Jay ended up crashing at mine. And, because of the upset we were all feeling, I didn't really feel it appropriate to do my tasking. Although maybe it would have alleviated the mood. But potential arrest is not the preferred way to top-off an already quite fucked-up night, contrary to popular belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment