Saturday 6 February 2010

Day 17: Today, stick a message on a banknote

Above: A very clear picture of my note. Which should be further down my blog entry, but Blogger won't let me move it for some reason...

Ahhh, a nice, simple task. The only problem with it was deciding what message to stick on my banknote. Alas, I didn't have any actual stickers (y'know, for sticking) available. So, I decided to write on a banknote instead. Simple enough, but what to write? WHAT TO WRITE? I was suffering writer's block before even putting pen to paper (or should that be note?).

I thought of simple stuff, like 'Have a nice day', or 'This note was touched by a man with an infectious skin disease'. But I wanted something more memorable and witty. Actually, that last one would be pretty memorable, but a bit of a stretch to fit on a £10 note. Although, in retrospect, I may just have gone for that one in my current mindstate. Besides, nothing I write could be as memorable as what Chris wrote on his (well, Scott did it actually); 'Look at my balls'. Wish I'd thought of that! But as it is, I went for the witty option, and, after racking my brain for ages, I came up with the mildly witty 'Pssst... Pass this note on.' Which, without blowing my own horn, I thought was quite clever, kinda memorable, and a worthy instruction for anyone who doesn't know what to do with said banknote.

But having just have written my note wasn't enough... I needed to pass it on, as instructed! So, I went to Blockbuster (I had to return 'I Love You, Man' from the previous night anyway) and browsed the games and DVDs. To be honest, there wasn't much that I felt like buying, or if there was it was expensive, but I happened to stumble upon the two-disc edition of 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' for £4, one of my favourite horror films which I somehow didn't yet own. So, I went up to the counter to proudly purchase my DVD with my sabotaged note;

Checkout Girl: "Someone's written on this note."
Me: (With very shifty eyes and obvious 'I did it' voice) "It certainly wasn't me!"
CG: "Good, I was going to say that you probably had too much time on your hands if you did it."
Me: (Secretly dejected) "Yeah, hehehe."

I didn't actually say "Hehehe", I did laugh. But yeah, I got dissed for my wonderful art. Sad times. Oh well, some just don't understand the beauty of banknote art! Others do though, including Jay, who days later wrote 'Have a nice day' on a banknote with a smiley face. Awwww!

Talking about Jay, she was now living at mine temporarily by this point, following on from the previous night's events. I can't really remember what we did this day, but our obssession with sprag continued, and we decided that we're going to advertise sprag in the most obtuse way possible; My smiling face on a billboard, accompanied by the word 'SPRAG'. And that's it. And the website would just be the same thing. And we'd never elaborate further on this to anyone. I genuinely want to do this, it would be amazing. Although I guess I would forever be known as the 'Spragman', or something. 'Spraggot', maybe. Who knows? It would be so worth it though.

Come to think of it, I should have kickstarted the 'Sprag' revolution earlier by putting it as the message on my banknote...

No comments:

Post a Comment