Tuesday 17 August 2010

101 Things To Do Before You Die

This has been a long time coming, but as well as following Benrik's diaries, I also vaguely follow a great book I bought a long time ago - '101 Things To Do Before You Die'. Like it's title may suggest, it offers up a list of, er, 101 things that would be pretty cool to do, and preferably before you die. Now, I haven't done a lot in this book, but I would like to get most of it done eventually. So, I'm starting up a blog to keep everyone up to date with the things I have done in the book.

For new followers, seeing as I will be putting this blog link on the official 101 Things website, my name is James Small. That's all you need to know about me, you'll learn the rest (maybe).

I dedicated my book to, simply, family and friends. That way no one is singled out unfairly.

At the beginning of the book is a list of things you will need. I haven't got everything on there (and never will, seeing as one of them is luck), but here's what I do and do have.

Things I have:
A pen
A pair of scissors
Glue
Money (actually, I don't really any more. This can be in both lists)
A camera
A pack of cards
Poker chips
A strong stomach
Some strangers (I guess we all have them)
Some friends
A partner
Skills (not many, but a few)
A reckless spirit (sometimes)
A world map
Condoms
Clothes
No clothes
An instrument
Various animals
Junk
A passport
A video or DVD player
A television
The sun
The moon
The stars
Fruit (Well, I don't, but I can get some)
Batteries
A good imagination
Spontaneity
A sense of humour

Things I don't have:
Money
A photocopier
Beer
A head for heights
Betting slips
A driving licence
A local map
Alcohol
A dart
A stick of chalk
A balaclava or ski mask
A celebrity
A rock star
A confessional booth
An understanding vicar
Spray cans
A van
A fast car
A bucket
Christmas decorations
An amusement park
A space shuttle
Talent
The Kama Sutra
Luck
Patience (I do sometimes)
Clear skies (I live in Britain after all)
A video camera
A golf club
A golf ball
A suit / outfit
A football
Forward planning
Optimism

These lists are very rough actually and not entirely accurate. And I can get the things I need when I need them.

Now this is just an introductory blog, so I'll go into further details on my things I've done at a later date. But, just for quick reference, and proof that I really haven't lived my life yet, here are the things I have done;
Learn that instrument
Leave your mark in graffiti
Be friends with your ex
I also have 'Design your own cocktail' listed, but I'd like to properly do this one day (ie, remember what was in the cocktail).

I'll update again soon, with exciting details on my learned instrument. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment