Tuesday 10 November 2009

The Return Of My So-Called 'Return'...

Hello all! I haven't posted here in a long time, partly because I haven't done any of my 'tasks' in a long time. Partly because I have a Twitter now and I can post most of my little musings on there (http://twitter.com/deadlyrivers if anyone's wondering, although I'm perfectly aware no one's reading this. But I like to live in my own little fantasy of sorts that someone is reading this...). But, let's not bullshit here, mostly because I'm lazy.

'Tsk tsk, naughty boy, why haven't you been doing your all important tasks?' I hear you nag. Well, partly because they've gotten ridiculously ridiculous (Communism Week, in theory, requires me to split my student loan amongst every reader of the diary. I'm a generous guy, but I need my loan to liiiiive). Partly because they haven't been too interesting. But, let's not bullshit here, mostly because I'm lazy.

This week I'm supposed to dig my own grave. I doubt very much that I will do this, but I'll take some meager steps. Like phone up the proprietors of the Felixstowe Grove and ask if I have their permission to dig a grave in their premises. Does the Grove even have proprietors? Who knows? Will I even get around to phoning if they do? Probably not. But it's the thought that counts as the old adage goes. I have taken one meager step. I Googled the Felixstowe Grove. Go me! *Thumbs up, cheesy grin*

So, why am I back? Well, I've been wanting to blog again for a while, but time constraints/laziness have gone against my plans. But, yeah, I'm back now, even if I'll probably give up again after a few weeks. I'll try not to. Promise.

Do I even have much to blog about today? No, not really. Life since my last blog has been fucking goooooood. My birthday was awesome, possibly my best birthday ever, plus I got closer (platonically) to someone who gave me shitloads of confidence, I'm not even sure why, I guess she just made me feel like a good person. And she's been through a lot of stuff and come out of it smiling. Inspirational stuff, made me realise that (cliche alert) life is for living. You get nowhere just standing in the corner, so you might as well step out and... Y'know. Cliched stuff. I've been making friends, chatting to checkout people, generally just trying to ignore my fears and just go for it. I haven't been happier in a long time. Probably not interesting to anyone. But, I figured I should fill in the blanks since my last blog entry. And hopefully inspire someone else out there to just go for it too (aiming high, I know). I'm still shy, I'm still awkward, but I don't really care so much. I'd rather just be me than have to hide me.

Anyways, enough with my self-help/extreme-narcicism (I'm kidding, hopefully it didn't come off that way). I don't have much else to blog about right now. I intend to use this to go back to writing about my exploits, musings, reviews, etc. Plus, it gives me a good oppertunity to expand on my Tweets (140 words? Seriously? Keeps things concise, but oddly claustrophobic (in a textual way that is (I love brackets))). So yeah, this is just a way-overblown announcement of my return to the blogosphere basically...

Speak to y'all soon!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment