Sunday 29 November 2009

Saturday: Kill Your Insect

Today I'm supposed to see if I can bring myself to killing my insect. I guess I was a bit hasty on this one, seeing as my insect fwiend, Shelly, died on Wednesday. Now, I don't think I killed her, and usually I'll protest to being her murderer, but if it means I completed this task... Yeah, I totally killed her!

But in all seriousness, if Shelly were alive to be part of Saturday's task, I wouldn't have killed her. I maybe would have if it was a neccessity, but seeing as one of the options given is that I couldn't bring myself to kill the insect, I'd have settled on that. I'm quite moral like that, and feel bad if I kill an insect, and start torturing myself thinking about how that insect was just about to reach the greatest moment of their life, they'd just won insect lotto, used the money to buy a Tiffany diamond ring, and was about to propose to their girlfriend... And then I kill it. What about the insect's family and friends? And potential fiancee? This is why I really can't understand how someone can kill aanother person in cold blood - a fellow being who they should understand. I realise that killing an insect and killing a person are on quite different scales, but that's not really the point. But anyway, I digress. I was way too attached to Shelly to be have been able to kill her anyway, she was a sweetheart.

So I thought maybe I could just find a random insect, and see if I could bring myself to kill it anyway. That way, I wouldn't have quite as much associated guilt as I would have if the insect were my friend. But, yeah, you guessed it, barely a bug in sight today. Sigh.

That evening I went to see 'Paranormal Activity', which I mention because no one should believe the trailers (or the people screaming and fucking crying in the cinema). It's about as scary as a handkerchief. And if you happen to have a phobia of handkerchiefs, I apologise for the poor analogy. It was a decent film, moderately entertaining and all. But, honestly, 'Drag Me To Hell' was scarier, and that film was a fucking comedy!

Movie rant over. I guess I can't judge fairly because I don't find films scary. I only find real stuff scary, things on screen don't really bother me, unless I'm watching people play 'Left 4 Dead' whilst I'm very drunk. As I did later that night.

For it was PARTY TIME!!! Party at Meech's to be exact, and, despite the fact that some fuckers did some shit that managed to upset us all, it was a really good night. There was a fly or two buzzing around at various points, and I tried to catch it/them so I could CRUSH it/them (capitals felt appropraiate), but I've never been good at catching flies, so I failed. Again. Double sigh.

There was lots of drinking, music, and 'Left 4 Dead' at the party, so all in all, a good time. I just wish people didn't have to fucking ruin it for us, but I probably shouldn't really go into all the details on a public blog, seeing as I guess it's better to just let the situation go instead of make things worse with incendiary comments. And right now, I'm feeling okay about it all, because sometimes bad stuff has to happen for good stuff to take place, and that good stuff will be even better because of it. So yeah, I'm keeping positive at the moment. And I didn't mean to end this blog on a depressing (even though it did get positive) note, but all this discussion is actually weirdly relevant to the next day's task. As you will find out tomorrow (hopefully)...

2 comments:

  1. I think that's fine to write :) And you know what? The more i think about it the happier i feel too because it's almost like witnessing something that extreme and just plain crazy brought us all together :] I know i feel closer to all of you after that and i didn't think it was possible =P
    I better not write too much James or it will count as us having sex =P
    Sorry, couldn't resist :D
    Love you!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yeah, it seems weird to say that everyone got closer seeing as we were all super tight anyway, but I feel like it did because we all appreciate each other so much more now =)
    Uh-oh, I think we did just have sex though... Oops =p
    Lol, that's okay, these jokes never get old, it's good to laugh at the whole situation I think =)
    Love you too! =D
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete