Monday 30 November 2009

Sunday: Now Apply What You Have Learnt To Human Beings

First of all, I think I should mention my current pride and joy - the Benrik website newsletter has classed me as Benrikian Of The Month! I usually talk about yesterday's events in my blogs, but when I found this out a little while ago I felt I had to mention it today. I'm so proud and happy, I felt like I haven't been the best Benrikian most of the year, but I'm really trying at the moment, so I'm stoked that my efforts got noticed. Thanks, Benrik! And thanks to anyone who's commented my blogs too, much love to all! I do have to be loyal now though, I have a title to live up to... Even though I can't really do the current week's task, which I'll discuss in my next blog...

On the day I'm now chronicling, Sunday, I didn't really do the best tasking job either unfortunately, because I wasn't really sure how to go about it necessarily. But I still tried! The task was to apply what i have learned about insects to humans. Sounds simple, but I wasn't into the idea of shoving someone into a cigarette box and having them die three days later, like what happend to poor Shelly. Plus, I started the day feeling a bit upset about the current shituation (spelling error deliberate (which surely doesn't make it an error?)) my friends and I are in. And the fact that no one was home half the day, and had no plans to go out, didn't help. However, later on, and in higher spirits, my mum and littlest sister came home, so I decided to try and give the task a shot.

I started off by 'catching my human'. This involved running downstairs and grabbing Hannah (who is intensely heavy, no offense to her intended). Human caught!

For 'naming my human', I was planning to call Mum and Hannah different names throughout the day. I had Sally planned as one of them... Hmmm, where could that name have came from? Alas, I forgot to actually go through with this one. Oops.

'Feeding my human'. For this, I offered to feed Mum her lunch, and Meg her dinner, but both sadly refused. I did share a bit of my burger with Hannah though, so I guess this kind of happened.

'Hang out with your human'. Kinda depressing, but I don't really spend that much time with my family. It's nothing personal, and I love them all to bits, but I just find I have a lot of other stuff to do, and what with my weird quasi-OCD need to schedule what I do and when I do it, I sometimes don't find the time. It makes me a bit sad when I think about it, and soon I plan to do something about it, to make sure I hang out with my family a bit more. But anyway, I'm digressing (I would apologise, but this is a blog, digressing's what's often done on blogs). I spent a bit of time with my family when eating lunch and dinner, and watched some 'Friends' with Hannah. I also had a play fight with her (we are siblings after all), the usual variety where we throw cushions at each other and try to push each other off the sofa. I won! Although, as well as being freakishly heavy, she is freakishly strong too. You wouldn't think it looking at her. But then again, maybe I'm just freakishly pathetic. And you would think it looking at me...

'Loving your human'. I forgot to ask anyone for a cuddle, although I did plan to.

'Killing your human'. I smothered Mum with a pillow in her sleep. Nah, I'm just joking, in case you hadn't guessed. I didn't bring myself to kill any of my family members, despite us all joking that I was planning to kill them throughout the week. In fact, I can't even say 'I didn't bring myself to kill them' really, because the thought of genuinely killing them never entered my head. For some odd reason.

What I ultimately learned about humans from insects though, is that, sadly, we don't live for ever. Perhaps Shelly's death was a blessing in disguise, a timely reminder that people close to me will at some point die, and I will have to cope with it. They may be on a completely different scale of devastation, but it's still a lesson learned. Cheers, Shelly! She was like a really little, spindly guardian angel. Perhaps we are insects to you. I hope you can apply what you've learned about us to fellow insects in heaven. Providing what you've learned about us was good. R.I.P.

I still have her corpse waiting to be buried. Must sort that out tomorrow. I need closure, then I can stop mentioning her...

No comments:

Post a Comment