Thursday 7 January 2010

Day 4: Discreetly give the finger to people all day today

Sorry again that this is so belated. Been busy doing essay, and have finally got my social life back, so I'm struggling to fit in the time for blogging right now. To the point where I'm doing it at stupid o'clock in the morning. But I'm not gonna complain, because my essay is now finished, and I'm getting to see my beautiful friends a lot more. Got a few blogs to catch up on though. Expect this message at the beginning of every entry...

On Monday, I simply had to give the finger to people. Perferrably without them noticing. Brilliant! Gonna be fun! However, in the morning I was home alone, which did not give me a good oppertunity to show people that I hated them with the power of my finger. I could also show people I like them with my finger, but that's another thing entirely, nobody ever seems to want that! Crude, obvious jokes aside, I decided that my bird-flipping action wasn't going great, so headed off into town, partly because I really wanted a chicken burger, but mostly so I could say 'FUCK YOU!' to everyone, and (hopefully) not have to face any negative consequences.


So, the entire time I was in town I held on to my bag, middle finger extended as seen in the photo above, a silent obscenity to anyone who dares cross my path! I think a few people may have noticed, but giving the finger is all about not giving a fuck, so I didn't. No fuck was given by me today! I headed into Favourite Chicken to get a stupidly overblown, in terms of ingredients and calories, chicken burger, and waited patiently, middle finger still distended. Which I purposefully aimed at the man waiting behind me in the queue. I even made it more obvious when my sleeve went over my hand by lifting it up and bringing attention to it. And I made sure that, upon paying for my burger, I held my £5 note with my middle finger, and passed it over to the guy at the counter like this. Scary, but also incredibly liberating. Can't explain why. On the way home I continued my reign of finger-based terror. Which left me with a very cold middle finger when I got home. But it was SOOOOO worth it.

During dinner, I made sure to 'rub my eye' at my family. Then, with no one noticing that, hold out my middle finger and proclaim 'I think I got what was in my eye. What is it though...'. Everyone noticed eventually. By the end of dinner I was just straight up giving the finger to everyone. Just because I thought it was funny.

Later I went to Jay and Kate's. The walk there was great, with me constantly 'scratching my face' at strangers. In fact, I got so into it that I actually just gave the finger without trying to hide it to some passing cars. This task possibly bought out the dickhead in me. And I loved it! It was the first time I'd seen Jay and Kate in a while, so it was lovely to see them again, I missed them lots! We watched 'Love Actually'. Which I was told was one of the happiest films ever. A while back I made a blog saying it would be funny if it was actually as depressing as 'Requiem For A Dream'. Okay, so NOTHING will ever touch 'Requiem...' for depressing film stakes. NOTHING. But 'Love Actually' did actually depress me. I think it's because it was all so perfectly happy (with some exceptions), whereas I was feeling a bit cynical about love recently (see my blog about The Love Of Your Life day. If you want to, I'm not forcing you). I appreciate that if I was in love I would probably see the happy side. But as it was it just made me wish for something I don't have. It's wish fulfillment for those who have already had their wish fulfilled. I felt really bad about not liking it though, seeing as it's one of Jay's favourite movies. While not a great movie (I couldn't get in to the characters, above all), it had some good laughs, so I didn't hate it. But I just felt really bad at disliking something that someone else loves so much.

Jay took revenge by later taking the piss out of 'Face/Off'. Which is the greatest film of ALL TIME. Or not. But it is awesome. Throughout staying at theirs, I had been giving the finger to them behind their backs a lot. But I felt bad about it, so just decided to straight up finger them (bad phrasing) later on. Good times! We watched a show about urban legends, which I think was called 'Urban Legends', and all guessed that the man falling down the sewers and travelling a few miles was probably fake. Turns out it wasn't. That show pretty much gave us the finger with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment