Monday 21 December 2009

Saturday: Hang up people's mobile phones for them unless the conversation sounds useful to mankind

Straight up, I didn't do this task. At all. I meant to (I always mean to), but it just never came to fruition. I could defend myself and say that I was really tired after all my essaying. But that would be a lie, so I'm not going to say that. Even though i just did. At least I'm an honest liar...

To be honest, for most of the day I didn't even think about this task. I didn't even really do much at all on Saturday. I did have band practice during the day. I got a phone call in the morning from Craig, the vocalist/guitarist. I was sort of tempted to hang up the phone at any random point to accomplish my task, but I thought that would be rather rude, plus very inconvenient if I was receiving important news. Which I can't remember if I was or not. But regardless, I didn't do it, because I'd have just had to phone him up again, which would have kind of defeated the point of purposefully hanging up in the first place. However, I do regret not doing it anyway, just for the potential amusing confusion (amusion?) that could have stemmed from it.

Band practice went pretty well. There are usually a fair few inter-band arguments most weeks, but, for the most part, everyone was pretty chill this week. Which is good, because I'm totally not the argumentative type, unless my morals are challenged, so I can never really join in. Not that I'm saying I'd want to anyway. We attempted to learn 'Layla' by Derek and the Dominoes (my suggestion to cover, I love a bit of Clapton, as lame as that may, and probably does, make me). I should try and convince the band to somehow throw on the piano outro too, for that is my favourite part. It's kind of hard to learn without vocals (Craig couldn't sing and play guitar at the same time for this song), due to the stop-starty nature of the chorus. Still, fun as hell song, love the tom rolls during the verses, and just trying to go a little bit mental for the ending. Because that's rock 'n' roll.

That was probably very boring to read. My apologies! Kind of your own fault for reading it, but I'm very thankful regardless!

Later that day, I did see two girls walking around on their mobile phones. It was actually a bit like they were trying to tease me, they KEPT walking past me. I have the feeling they were looking for someone, but I don't know seeing as I was listening to my iPod. For all I know, they were totally exploiting the fact that I couldn't hear them. 'Hehe, we're walking past this speccy twat right now, repeatedly, he can't even hear us 'cos his music's on! WE HATE YOU AND ARE GOING TO KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!' Or something like that. I guess I'll never know. I did feel it would have been a good oppertunity to hang up their calls for them, but, ultimately, it comes down to the fact that I didn't want to. I just wouldn't really feel comfortable at all hanging up their phones for them, or trying to convince them to do it themselves. They looked pretty chavvy too, and, being a geeky type, I figured it probably wouldn't have gone down too well. Besides, what's to say that they weren't actually arranging an environmentalist rally over the phone. I'll console myself by imagining that maybe I did help save the world by NOT hanging up their phones for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment