Tuesday 22 December 2009

Sunday: Go to your local airport and scare people out of flying

Again, I didn't do my task again today (with pretty good reason, I like to think), so in a way there's no point blogging about it. But, as it is, right now, I'm addicted to blogging, and blogging about my tasking, or even lack thereof, gives me a good focal point. I was gonna say so that I don't ramble on too much, but seeing as I am currently rambling on ABOUT blogging, I guess that would be a moot point. So, I'll just explain my thought processes about this task, at least. I don't even know why I'm explaining this. I guess it seemed like an appropriate introduction before I started writing it...

I wasn't going to go down to my local airport full stop, because that would be pretty far away, I think it's Stanstead or something. Or maybe that small airport in Norwich that I think exists but I could be making up. Who knows? Either way, I didn't have the time or effort to physically go to an airport. And I DEFINITELY wasn't going to dress up like a terrorist whence I'd arrived there and display a selection of bombs around my midriff, like displayed in the book. I dunno, something about that just seems like a joke a little too far...

So, my idea was to merely send an e-mail to an airport (sending letters is how I task most days apparently) saying that I'd heard reports of a terrorist attack being planned on that airport, or, if I wanted to go for something a little more tame, say that I heard something was wrong with the planes. Like that the fellangis were missing or something. But I might not go for fellangis, might get caught out on that one. Although, in a way I suppose this task was super prophetic, seeing as how there are those strikes going on at British Airways, cancelling many people's flights. I'm not sure if they're happening right now, or a bit later, but either way I don't think I needed to ruin more poor people's holidays. British Airways staff have already done my tasking for me...

I didn't do it anyway, for I went to Jay and Kate's that night for our Pre-Christmas Mini-Christmas Sleepover Extravaganza (that's the official name, as of now...). That night, Jay, Kate, Meech, Chris, Benham, and Rosie all got very, VERY drunk and had an awesome night of craziness. There was Absinthe there, which tasted very horrible, but could easily collapse a horse with one sip. As it is, I'm apparently far more powerful than a horse (even though I'm a lightweight) because I managed a glass, but I really didn't need to drink anymore after that. Although I think I did have another glass of rum. Anyways, irrelevant! I accidentally bit my tongue doing my legendary 'Oh Look, A Head Is Sliding Up And Down On That Door Frame!' party trick, which was really embarassing. We played Waterfalls, which made me happy, and played drunken Twister, which got quite gay between me and Benham. There may be hidden feelings there... Also, on a more somber note, R.I.P. Brittany Murphy. I can't say I'm a huge fan of hers, but she voiced Luanne, one of my favourite characters in 'King Of The Hill', so I'd be lying to say that I didn't feel a bit sad. Plus, she is VERY good in 'Girl, Interrupted'.

To get back to my task, I didn't do it in the end. I planned to, but had no time during the day (although really can't remember why), and was far too drunk in the evening. So, not very good tasking, but will definitely work harder next year! So excited! 3 days 'til Christmas! 10 'til the new year! Exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment