Saturday 19 December 2009

Wednesday: Hide people's car keys so they have to take the bus

This blog entry probably won't be the funniest, 'cos I'm pretty upset right now. I was looking so forward to having a mini-Christmas Day with my friends on the upcoming Monday, and now I find out I may not be able to do it because I have to look after Hannah. Which is pretty devastating. But oh well, I kinda need to get my blogs out of the way, I've been so bogged down in essays lately that I'm a bit behind. And because of this my tasking hasn't been the best either, so I guess it's kind of pointless blogging about these particular tasks. So here it is, a slightly heartbroken blog entry. Who know, maybe it'll cheer me up a bit?

So this is Wednesday, when I was instructed to hide people's car keys so they had to take the bus. I initially thought I had fucked this one up, seeing as I overslept quite a lot (like I do every morning at the moment) and was planning to hide the car keys from Stewart, or Steve as Jay and I now prefer to call him, before he left for work. Although this really wouldn't have been a good idea, seeing as he's a bit of a twat and would most likely have blamed me (although with good reason this time). Besides, in retrospect I would have had to have woken up before 7 in the morning to do that. And, quite frankly, fuck that shit.

Fortunately, I hadn't fucked up because Stewart didn't actually go to work today. Besides, I doubt I would have really done it even if I could have. So anyways, later on I stroll into the living room while Meg is watching the TV, grab the car keys from the mantelpiece, and chuck them under the sofa cushion (as shown in the picture in the Diary, I'm really original like that). Meg is very confused, and asks what I'm doing. I explain and she tells me that it it is definitely NOT a good idea if Steve wants to drive to pick up Hannah from school (which he shouldn't anyway, 'cos it's super-lazy). So I relented. I put them back on the mantelpiece, because I knew, as I've said about three times before in this entry, that it would be a really dumb idea. As it is he actually walked anyway, so it wouldn't have really worked. At all.

Later that evening my family and I were going to go to the cinema, and I was tempted to hide the keys just before, make Mum search for them, convince her for us to take the bus, then produce them last minute ("Oh! They were under the couch! What were they doing there?") if she was pissed off. Which she would be. So I didn't do it. I was supposed to ask her before we went if we could take the bus to save the world, but I totally forgot. Oh wells. Some good world-saving today, definitely!

We went to the cinema, as planned. We were going to see 'Nativity!', which I wasn't too excited about to be honest, but I was exploited for my Unlimited card and my Orange Wednesday texts. But cinema's cinema, and I love the cinema, so I was happy to go. Unfortunately, Meg and I are stupid, and read the film times wrong, so we missed the last screening of 'Nativity!'. All day I was trying to convince everyone to see 'Avatar' instead because a) It's a James Cameron film, b) I've been waiting 3 bloody years for it!, and c) Did I mention it's a James Cameron film? Alas, Hannah wasn't up for it, because 11 year-olds have terrible taste in movies. And I still feel like the worst James Cameron fan in the world for the fact that I haven't seen it yet. Failing that, I tried to convince everyone to see 'Where The Wild Things Are', which Hannah actually wanted to see, because 11 year-olds occasionally have really good taste in movies. Alas, Meg and Mum didn't wanna see it (Meg says she finds the Wild Things scary... Which is partly the point of them!). So instead we settled for 'Planet 51'. Bloody 'Planet 51'. Jesus.

Actually, it wasn't too bad. But nor was it particularly very good. But oh well, everyone else really liked it. And I'm sure I'd have seen it eventually, seeing as it had the voices of Gary Oldman and Justin Long in it. And I have just rambled about films for a very long time.

And, by the way, I do feel better now! I've been talking to my wonderful friends Jay and Chris while writing this entry, so things are getting sorted out, and has made my heart lift up from my stomach a considerable amount! I love my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment