Wednesday 16 December 2009

Week 51: This week, save the planet at any cost. Monday - Turn other people's electrical appliances off while they're not looking

And the award for longest blog entry title ever goes to...

I'm gonna try and keep this brief, because I have essays to do. But brief for me always turns into a long clusterfuck of ramblings from my head, and is right now as a matter of fact. So I will stop this now! Immediately! Yup, this very second!

So this week I have stupid tasks to do to help save the planet, tasks that will get me hated most probably, but if it saves the planet then it will be worth it, surely. Thing is, and call me a sceptic, but I doubt it will really save the planet. Thus making it not worth being hated. But oh well. On with the tasking!

This is Monday's task, to turn off other people's electrical appliances while they're not looking. I started as early as possible. Upon going downstairs to get breakfast, I heard Meg's TV was left on in her room. Energy waster!!! I immediately ran up there and switched off the TV, and the light too while I was at it. I then went downstairs and switched off the hair dryer while she was using it, and turned some more lights off while at it. Good start.

I was tempted to switch off the computer while Meg was on it, but knew that that would be a bit too far. But after displaying my day's task to Hannah by running into the main room and switching off the TV while she was watching it, to many cries of 'WHAT THE HELL?', I decided to pretend I turned off the computer while Meg was on it by getting Meg to shout at me while I laughed maniacally and Hannah listened on. Unfortunately, Hannah did not fall for our incredible prank. Shame, it could have been funny.

Later, during dinner with the family, I randomly got up and switched the lights off, which no one seemed impressed with. And, as a last act of world-saving heroism, I ran into the living room again and switched off the TV and lights whilst Hannah was watching it, plunging her in darkness and the echoes of my evil laughter. But it's not evil if I'm saving the world. That's my defence. Although, secretly, I did kind of enjoy the evil aspect to this task. A little bit.

That night I went to Jay and Kate's. I could have been horrible and switched off the electrical appliances here too, but my deed had been done. Besides, I'd kill someone if they switched off the Wii while I was halfway through playing a game, so, do unto others and all that jazz... We later went and watched their cat Athena (I think that's how you spell it) squirm around in her cute little cat tunnel while we taunted her with a ball on the end of a rope (a cat toy one, we didn't just tie a random ball to the end of a rope). It was hilarious, she was proper vicious with it, it was like watching a giant blue worm writhe around in agony as a cat-shaped chestburster incubated inside broke free from its cage. Or something like that. Simply put, it was fucking funny.

I think I actually kept this quite brief. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment