Monday 14 December 2009

Week 50: Closure Week

Strictly speaking I didn't get around to doing Closure Week, but I'm going to make up for it now by closuring... Or whatever the hell the doing word is for gaining closure ('gaining closure' is probably the best bet actually). I'd attempted to see my friend, and, incidentally, ex-girlfriend, Amanda all week, but unfortunately this never came to fruition, as we were both very busy. I'd attempted some of my bonus tasks this week, as you have seen the results of. And I very badly attempted Unwanted Advice Day(s), but I'll write about that another time. But for now... Closure.

I am focusing on Amanda, because, strictly speaking I guess she's been my only girlfriend proper. And even then it was an end-of-primary school/beginning-of-high-school romance. So, not overtly romantic, but still lovely. Apart from her, I did have a girlfriend for but a day in high school, a relationship which I ended when I realised it wasn't really what I wanted (weird, I know, I'd fucking kill to have a girlfriend now). And I had a weird fling/affair thing two years ago, which I really won't go into detail about, for certain reasons. As it stands, Amanda's always been my only official girlfriend.

So here is the Closure Form written out for Amanda (I didn't ask her permission to do this, but we're good friends, so I don't think she'll mind);

Ex's name: Amanda
Details of relationship: Girlfriend and boyfriend in primary school/high school
Is my: Ex-girlfriend
(Her) Current status: In a long-term relationship
The sex was: Non-existent (we were like 11, you sick fucks!)
Length of relationship: 1 year, 1 month, ? days (roughly)
Dates of relationship: No idea... 1999-2000 maybe?
Details of closure -
Whose fault was it the relationship failed?: Mine
Official reason the relationship failed: Because I'm chickenshit, and was too scared to be in a relationship
My apology for something I'd done: I'm sorry I was a pussy
Their apology for something they'd done: N/A, although she really wouldn't have to apologise for anything
Unwanted advice provided by me: Don't date wimps!
Unwanted advice provided by them: N/A
Abuse to vent out my frustrations: None, I have no frustrations about it, only towards my past self really
Abuse to vent out their frustrations: N/A
Offer of one-night stand for old times' sake: N/A, though I assure you it would have been declined

So there we have it, the OFFICIAL report on the greatest relationship of my life! And also, a good insight into how pathetic my love life has been since then. Amanda, if you're reading this, you should know that I'm still extremely sorry about breaking it up! But it's awesome that we're friends now, she even still has a necklace I gave her once for Valentine's Day.

Now I have fully experienced closure! What have I learned from looking back at my past romances? That love is not something to be scared of, but to be embraced. Make the most of whatever love you give/recieve, for it is probably the greatest thing in the world. You'll know it when it feels right. All that cliched stuff, that, while cheesy, is all true. I love love!

Although, debatably, love is not as awesome as watching a cat go crazy in a little cat tunnel. But more on that in my next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment